ABOUT THE HOUSE
The Fir House is a fully furnished home-away-from-home and is available for holiday, vacation, honeymoon or anniversary, monthly, and corporate rental. The house offers a perfect blend of mountain living with the convenience of city amenities nearby.
Features and Furnishings by Room:
Living Room & Dining Area:
The Living Area of this quaint 1930 Bungalow is open and includes a Rock Fireplace on one end and a large picture window on the other. The room features a cozy sitting area with large comfortable couches, chairs by the Fireside, a Desk for your laptop, and a Dining area adjacent to the Kitchen. The picture window looks out over the Patio and up at the forested mountain behind the house. Deer, elk and fox are a frequent sight. Guidebooks and local magazines filled with events, seasonal festivities, and places to see are provided.
• Leather Couches
• Wall mounted 26 inch Flat Screen TV
• Comcast Cable & Internet are provided
• Rock Fireplace with sitting area
• Dining Table with Chairs (seats four)
• Desk and Chair
• Small Book Library - guidebooks to local sights, entertainment, history, and wildlife
• Large Ice and Beverage Bucket Stand
• Front Door access from Wrap-around Deck
• French Door access to Master Bedroom
• Living area is well-lit with Lamps and Lampstands
Located adjacent to the Dining area, the Kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need: plenty of cabinet and counter space, full size appliances, Microwave, Coffee Maker, & Blender. The BBQ is located just outside the door on the Patio. A small Table with two barstools provides an Island for cooking preparation or for dining. Dine-in, cook a holiday meal or bake cookies, call for takeout, have your groceries delivered or your food catered, or grill some juicy steaks and shrimp shish kabobs on the Barbeque. Cookbooks and spices are provided. Starter soaps and cleaning supplies are also provided. (Instruction manuals for all appliances are on-hand.)
• Refrigerator & Freezer with Ice Maker (full size appliance)
• Electric Range
• Coffee Maker
• Wine Rack - 3 Bottle
• Pots & Pans, Glass Bakeware, Cookie Sheets & more
• Dinnerware - including both glass and plastic sets, serving platters and bowls.
• Glass & Plastic Cups, Wine Glasses, and Coffee Cups
• Silverware and Utensils - including serving utensils, knives, can-opener, measuring utensils, thermometer, cork-screw, bottle opener, shish kabob skewers, bbq tools, cookie cutters & more.
• Starter soaps and cleaning supplies
• Cookbooks, Spices and Condiments
Located across from the 2nd Bedroom at the base of the stairs, the Laundry Room is bright, cheerful, clean and tidy with new, full-size Washer and Dryer (gas), storage cabinets and cleaning supplies. (Instruction manuals for all appliances are on-hand.)
• Washing Machine (full size)
• Gas Dryer (full size)
• Ironing Board and Clothes Iron
• Laundry Basket
• Storage Cabinets
• Starter detergent and dryer sheets
• Cleaning supplies - vacuum cleaner, wet mop, & broom
Located in the hallway between the Kitchen and the stairwell to the lower level of the house. The bathroom is equipped with hairdryer and step stool, and an ample supply of bath towels is available in the hall Supply Closet. Starter soaps, shampoos and cleaning supplies are also provided.
• Bathtub with Shower (full-size), Toilet & Sink
• Hair Dryer
• Starter soaps, child's step stool, & cleaning supplies
The cozy 1930 Bungalow style floor plan features a Master Bedroom adjacent to the Living area. French Doors near the Fireplace open to extend the Living Space and offer a pleasant view from and into the bedroom and, on those cold winter nights, bring the warmth of the Fireplace into the bedroom. The Master Bedroom is equipped with a Queen-size Bed, Armoire, and a double-door Closet. Extra sheets, blankets and throw-blankets may be found in the Armoire.
• Queen-size Bed
• Linens - extra sheets, blankets, quilts, & throw-blankets
• Closet - well-lit closet with double-doors, full length mirror, upper shelf and hangers.
The second Bedroom is located in the lower walk-out level and has a Twin-size Bed and a large closet for ample storage. Window offering a pleasant view of the mountain valley to the northwest.
• Twin-size Bed
• Closet with upper shelf and hangers
• Bookshelf with children's books & a basket of toys
A Daybed with Trundle is located in the downstairs Family Room. The Armoire is stocked with extra sheets, comforters, blankets, and pillows. A TV and DVD Player are provided and a DVD Movie Library with a medley of cartoons, classics, and new hits may be found in the Armoire. Perfect for movie night! The basement is Walk-out and the glass doors have afforded us many a close-up view of the deer that frequent the graveled area under the deck.
• Daybed with Trundle
• Large Mirror
• TV and DVD Player
• DVD Movie Library - medley of cartoons, classics, and new hits
• Large Sliding Glass Doors
Patio in Back of House
• Gas Barbeque
• Outdoor Tables and Chairs
• Starter/Kindling & Firewood
• Gated Entry to Fenced Dog-run
A stairway leads up to the wrap-around deck with a gate at the top. Front door entry is located at the deck level. Wrap-around deck also provides access to the back of the house. Enjoy the fresh air and the surrounding mountain views from the wrap-around deck.